Download Free Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 – Free PC Download
Microsoft Office is the most famous office suite in the world and has managed to become a standard in the industry. Yes, but can you download Office for free? Not then, what alternatives are there for those people who need office tools at its always affordable price absolutely nothing. Well, obviously Apache OpenOfficeThe
Free open source office suite
These are the features of this suite that started as StarOffice and was later acquired by Sun Microsystems and then abandoned by Oracle (which had acquired the company). Finally, the Apache Software Foundation continued to develop it, a non-profit organization that supports various software projects.
It is used in both academic and home environments thanks to its price.
What programs are included and what are their main features?
Now that you know what OpenOffice is, we can start telling you about the different applications it integrates:
- The word processor is called Author: equivalent to Microsoft Word. In other words, it allows us to create and edit text, as well as format or export documents to PDF or HTML without the need for additional software or anything else.
- Calculation spreadsheets: similar to Excel or Lotus 1-2-3, offer native functions of this type of program, as well as others not offered by the Microsoft tool, such as some graphical functions.
- Impress for presentations: the alternative to PowerPoint or Keynote can be found in the program that can export presentations in SWF format, allowing them to be played on any device with Flash installed. Compatible with PPT format and can also create PDF files.
- Base for databases: this program can be used to create and manage databases, forms and other similar functions. The equivalent of Microsoft Office Access.
- The GPU I plan: This is an image processor similar to Microsoft’s Visio or CorelDRAW at the time. It allows us to create flowcharts and has similar functions to Scribus and Microsoft Publisher.
- Mathematics for mathematical formulas: this application allows us to create and edit mathematical equations using the index language.
Start working right away by customizing the software
One of its main advantages is templates included by default in each tool, with which you will be able to start working in a short time. Additionally, you can create your own custom templates and add them to your collection.
If you are concerned about the compatibility of this software with Microsoft Office, you have nothing to fear because it is fully compatible, so you will be able to import these files into OpenOffice and continue to work freely with them. The styles are compatible.
What file formats does it work with?
Works with its own file formats that are compatible with other office suites. It can also open Microsoft formats such as DOC, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX, etc. or export to PDF, HTML, SVG and more. These are the file extensions for each tool:
- ODT and OTT for Author.
- Impress works with ODP and OTP.
- ODS and OTS in Comp.
- Draw is compatible with ODI and OTI.
Which office suite is better? OpenOffice or LibreOffice;
Well, you should know that some of the developers who previously worked on the project that now belongs to Apache and who left the development due to disagreements with Oracle, created LibreOffice. The latter intends to be completely free and open source, avoiding attributing the writing to any company. Both applications are very similar, however, LibreOffice incorporates some enhancements and additional features that advanced users will surely know how to make the most of it.
What’s new in the latest version
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10 is a security patch that comes with minor fixes.
Download Last Version: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 – Free PC Download
Download tags: #Apache #OpenOffice #Free #Download